Dr Vadim Goz
Dr. Vadim Goz is a fellowship-trained spine surgeon with the Reno Orthopedic Clinic (ROC). Dr. Goz completed his fellowship at the prestigious Rothman Institute/Jefferson University in Philadelphia, PA. He completed his orthopaedic surgery residency at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City, UT. Dr. Goz attended the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York, NY, graduating with Alpha Omega Alpha honors and a distinction in clinical research. Dr. Goz also completed an additional clinical research year focusing on spine surgery outcomes. Dr. Goz specializes in conditions involving the neck and back, including herniated or degenerated discs, nerve or spinal cord compression, adult and adolescent scoliosis, slippage of the spine known as spondylolisthesis, spine trauma/fractures, as well as bone tumors affecting the spine. Dr. Goz has authored over 40 peer-reviewed publications and textbook chapters in leading professional journals. Dr. Goz is trained in the latest minimally invasive surgical techniques and believes that each patient requires a tailored approach.
Download Dr. Goz’s resume here
Dr. Lali Sekhon
Doctor Sekhon is a board certified (FRACS) and double fellowship-trained spine neurosurgeon with Reno Orthopedic Clinic, in Reno, Nevada. He has special expertise in the diagnosis and management of many conditions including cervical myelopathy, degenerative disc disease, spondylolisthesis, spinal tumors, and trauma. Dr. Sekhon is a highly skilled spine neurosurgeon whose practice includes motion preseration techniques and technologies, artificial discs, dynamic stabilization, interbody fusion, and other procedures including minimally invasive spine surgery.
Dr. Sekhon is Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Physiology and Cell Biology, at the University of Nevada, School of Medicine in Reno and Las Vegas. Prior to joining Nevada Neurosurgery, Dr. Sekhon was an Associate Professor at the University of Sydney with a clinical appointment in the Department of Neurosurgery and Spinal Injuries Unit (Head of Department) at the Royal North Shore Hospital in Sydney, Australia. Ongoing areas of research interest include cervical and lumbar disc prostheses, spinal implant designs, bone morphogenetic proteins
(BMPs), and spinal cord injury.
Graduating with honors, Dr. Sekhon received his medical degree at the University of Sydney in Sydney, Australia. Clinical sub-internships in neurology and neurosurgery were completed at Yale-New Haven Hospital in New Haven, Connecticut followed by a pediatric neurosurgical clinical rotation a the Royal Alexandra Hospital for Children in Sydney. Also in Sydney, Dr. Sekhon completed, with distinction, a neurosurgical residency.
Dr. Sekhon received advanced training during two different neurosurgical fellowship programs. The first at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota and a combined orthopaedic/neurosurgical spinal fellowship at Toronto Western Hospital in Ontario, Canada. In addition, he received a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) from the Department of Surgery, University of Sydney, Australia.
During his under-graduate, graduate, doctoral and fellowship training, Dr. Sekhon received a plethora of honors and awards including the Young Neurosurgeons Award from the World Federation of Neurosurgeons and Outstanding Clinical Research Award from the Cervical Spine Research Society. Dr. Sekhon continues to receive many honors, some repeatedly, such as the AMA Physician’s Recognition Award with Commendation, Patient’s Choice Award by MDX Medical, Inc. (2010-2013), Best Doctors in America Award (2010, 2011), “Becker’s 60 Spine Inventors to Know”, 2012 Best of Reno Awards in the Orthopedics Physicians and in 2013 the ThinkFirst Sponsoring Physician of the Year Award as well as the 2013 ” Nevada Medical Marvels” list from NevadaBusiness Magazine.
Dr. Sekhon is a member of numerous prestigious organizations including the American College of Surgeons, American Medical Association, Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS), Joint Section AANS/CNS Spine and Peripheral Nerve, Joint Section AANS/CNS Trauma and Critical Care, North American Spine Society (NASS), Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, Spine Trauma Study Group, and others.
In 2010 he became a Fellow of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons (FAANS).
Dr. Sekhon founded ThinkFirst of Northern Nevada in 2011, a not-for-profit organization that teaches high school children and head and spinal cord injury prevention throughout the Northern Nevada area and is currently it’s president.
Dr. Sekhon has practiced in Reno since 2005. He was Chief of Neurosurgery at Renown Regional Medical Center from 2016-2019.
- Lali Sekhon, MD, PhD, FAANS, FRACS, FACS is on the Spine Universe Editorial Board
- Dr. Sekhon is on the editorial board for the Journal of Spinal Disorders & Techniques
- Dr. Sekhon is on the associate editorial board for Spine Journal
- Dr. Sekhon is on the editorial board for Craniovertebral Junction & Spine
- Dr. Sekhon is on the associate editorial board for Global Spine Journal
- Dr. Sekhon is on the associate editorial board for Spine Surgery Journal
1. Curt Erickson, PA-C joined Dr. Sekhon in 2013 and Reno Orthopedic Clinic in 2019. He began his medical career in 2002 in the field of Radiology. He has provided care for patients in multiple specialties including routine radiography, lithotripsy and most recently in the MRI modality. With a broad interest in biology and physics, he obtained a Bachelor’s degree from the University of Nebraska-Medical Center in Radiation Science Technology. Curt is drawn to the Neurosurgery specialty following multiple years of neuroimaging experience. After nine years in Radiology, he resolved to pursue physician assistant studies and graduated from the University of Washington MEDEX PA program in 2013. He is certified by the National Commission of Certification of Physician Assistants. As an avid snowboarder and outdoor enthusiast, Curt is happy to call the Reno-Tahoe area home.
2. Greg Graves, PA-C has also worked with Dr Sekhon since 2014 and joins Reno Orthopedic Clinic in 2019.. He is a native Nevadan and began his medical career as a Certified Athletic Trainer working with the musculoskeletal injuries of collegiate and professional athletes including a stint at the University of Nevada-Reno. He spent 12 years in the field of athletic training prior to transitioning into a role as an Occupational Kinesiologist and eventually an education in Physician Assistant studies. He has a Bachelors Degree in Kinesiology from Fresno Pacific University, a Master’s Degree from University of Nevada-Reno, and a Masters in Physician Assistant Studies from Samuel Merritt University. He was certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants in January 2014. Greg has a passion for patient care and is excited to return to his home and care for the Reno-Sparks community. He is an outdoor enthusiast and enjoys the vast opportunities Northern Nevada has to offer.